Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Super Bowl Advertisements

Though I do have to say, I think most were flops…a sad display of commercials compared to other years. However, amongst these, my favorites include Bud Light-Parachuting, CareerBuilder.com-Monkey Business, CareerBuilder.com-More Monkey Business, CareerBuilder.com-Kissing Monkey Butt, Ameriquest-Cat Killer, Anheuser Busch-Thanking the Troops, and the classy Ford Mustang-Frozen in Fargo.

McDonalds-The Lincoln Fry ads blew big time…I don’t ever want to see those again…or any McD's ad now that I think of it...

It comes as no surprise that the NFL immediately banned GoDaddy.com’s second ad after the first one aired. After further viewing it myself online, I think it would have been blasted even if there hadn’t been a wardrobe malfunction. Others banned included a very funny Bud Light-Wardrobe Malfunction ad, Airborne-Mickey Rooney’s Butt…which goes without saying…doesn’t need to be seen at all. And then a Lincoln-Truck Tempts Priest ad, which most likely would have been pulled anyway.

Overall the winners seem to be Bud Light, CareerBuilder.com and Ameriquest.
View them all here.